Wednesday 11 February 2009

Love is in the air

"Love is, like, really important. It's good to be loved. Even if it's only for one night."
Cassie / Skins

Unless you have been exploring Narnia in the back of your wardrobe (if so I am extremely jealous!) for the past few weeks, you won’t have failed to realise Valentine’s Day is not so far away. So I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect give for the boy, or something for me I can get away with saying is for him.

As I am celebrating Valentines a day late this year, due to the boy’s stupid job, I have an extra day to hunt for some bargains. (And maybe sale items on the Sunday if I get really desperate.)
Some Elle McPherson underwear from ASOS has taken my eye ...





... at just £38.25 for the set. With free delivery up till Monday the 16th means that even if my not so subtle hinting goes un-noticed, this sexy number will be in my mail box by Wednesday at the latest. What more could you ask for?!


This isn’t the only underwear I’ve fallen in love with on my search. I also found the delightful Stella McCartney fruits of the week set on http://www.net-a-porter.com/. They are officially the cutest knickers I have ever seen coming in their own set of draws, but at £140 for the set I think I might have to give them a miss, but if anyone wants to feed my new obsession for cutesy knickers I won’t be stopping them.


Looking for the perfect gift for him has been a tad difficult, his main interests being football and Chinese food. Neither of which they do Valentine themes of. Though I was tempted to purchase a pair of comic underpants sporting the motif "weapon of mass seduction", but I’m not quite sure on the reaction I’d get.

If you know someone they would make a perfect gift, you can grab a pair at http://www.annsummers.com/.


I’ve also been thinking about Valentine activities (don’t worry I’m not going to get all mucky on you). I have decided to take advantage of the deals on offer at HMV, buying titanic (£3, had to be done), the Bodyguard (£5, am yet to see but the boy said it’s a must) and the Notebook (£6).

Coming back onto a more fashion track, I’ve been looking at the new s/s 09 collections and a noticed something popping up here and there – hearts. It was present on a handful of dresses at the Versace show in Milan, as well as adorning the shoes on the Luella catwalk at London Fashion Week. It seems love is in the air this season.




To Do List
· Find the perfect Valentine’s Day card, there is just too much choice in Clintons.
· Find a use for the beach dress I failed to take back within the 28 days.
· Clean out my hamster, lil chief’s cage and generally make my room presentable for the boys’ visit.
· Stop staying up late looking at style.com, my eyes will go square sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment